Monday, May 3, 2010

Flat Tires

Me: So, Renee got a flat tire when she was driving to one of her stores the other day. Luckily she was just leaving her house and there is a mechanic shop right around the corner so they got it patched up for her.
Martin: Oh yeah. That's good.
Me: Yeah. And I was just thinking I don't know what I would do if I got a flat tire. I mean, I got one once when I had stores out in Buffalo, but it wasn't really a big deal. I just filled it with air at the gas station right next to the store and then drove two blocks to a Goodyear and they patched it. But out here? I mean, I just think what if I got one when I was driving between Ithaca and Horseheads. I don't even know if there is a jack in my car to even change a tire.
Martin: I'm sure there is a jack in the wheel well, but I would not want you changing a tire on the side of the road.
Me: Why not??? I am sure I can handle it. I can change tires you know??? I've done it before. On skidsteers, even.
Martin: Well first of all, you are with child! And second of all, the last thing I would want is for the car to fall on top of you or something. I will put together a list of names and numbers of people who do roadside assistance for you to call.

I'm not sure if this story better exhibits what a sweet and caring, albeit worrisome husband I have or that I talk way to much in "conversations"

2 comments:

  1. AAA... Both Jennifer and Jolene have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will I get to make an appearance in the blog...I am anxiously waiting! AND...off topic I have been looking at bridesmaid dresses for us!

    ReplyDelete